It has been a long time since I wrote my first game, Kinessia, with the Citrus Engine (and start contributing), one and a half year. Less than one year ago, I made an other one, Tribus, using a Citrus Engine’s port in Objective-C. That was my first project in Objective-C so the source code of the port shall not be very clean, that’s why I’ve never released it officially.
We all know the problem making a framework / library and never use in real context project. That’s why I started my carreer as a freelancer 4 months ago, to be able to make applications / games for companies and show what can be done with the Citrus Engine. And now I’m proud to add a new reference to the engine: Alef.
Continue reading Alef is out!
Each day we discover new options and features giving the developer life more exciting!
Today I’m sharing some options for iOS development. Let say you have a main application including links to several games. You don’t want to include all this games into the main application because there are more like independant mini-games, or you don’t want to clean everything as it should when you leave your game (the lazy way), or there are several developers involved in this different games and they don’t use the same technology!
Anyway, you want to create a main application able to navigate to an other one. In other terms: communicate with other apps (Apple references check Communicating with Other Apps part and below).
Continue reading AIR and iOS app options (cutsom url scheme, hidden)
Google has recently pushed a new Android version: 4.2.2. Concerning the new features, this update brings about a new security feature in regards to USB debugging: now there is a gatekeeper on your phone! You will have to accept the RSA key before being able to deploy on your device. More information concerning this update there.
If you have made this update on your device, you won’t be able to deploy your application, even if you’ve accepted the RSA key. Your IDE won’t success to connect to the device and push on it.
When I tried to resolve the problem, it quickly appears it wasn’t related to the IDE but directly from the AIR SDK. Then I tried to deploy on my tablet with a Unity project: same problem. Using Unity, you work directly with the Android SDK. I just needed to download its latest version and replace the previous one, and it works!
Concerning AIR, we also use the Android SDK but not with its original structure. You need to replace some files on this folder: YourSDK/lib/android/bin. Replace those files: aapt, adb and dx.jar with files coming from the latest Android SDK: sdk/platform-tools aapt, adb and its lib folder with the dx.jar file. Using Windows you will also need to replace the dll files.
That was easy! I hope Adobe will quickly deploy an AIR SDK update for everyone.